In recognition of the stellar leadership in our industry, and in keeping with the commitment of providing leadership to the local correction profession through education, research, and best practices, the AJA Awards Committee identifies and presents annual awards to these exceptional practitioners so they can be publicly acknowledged at AJA’s Annual Conference & Jail Expo.
Award nominations for 2022 are officially CLOSED!
The deadline to submit the form to AJA was December 14, 2021.
AJA 2021 Awardees:
- Francis R. “Dick” Ford Distinguished Service Award: Stephen Church, Superintendent (Retired), Rockingham County Department of Corrections, Brentwood, New Hampshire
- Ray Coleman Administrator of the Year: Fred Meyer, Deputy Chief, Las Vegas Metro Police Department, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Correctional Supervisor of the Year: Daniel Cruz, Security Supervisor, Hampden County Sheriff’s Department, Springfield, Massachusetts
- Correctional Training Officer of the Year: Veronica Berry, Deputy Sheriff, Broward Sheriff’s Office Department of Detention, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Correctional Officer of the Year: Benjamin Grant, Lead Petty Officer, Naval Consolidated Brig Charleston, Chesapeake, Virginia
- Civilian Employee of the Year: Jacqueline Berry, Assistant Director, Miami-Dade Corrections and Rehabilitation Department, Miami, Florida
- Volunteer of the Year: Linda Ahrens, Volunteer Staff Chaplain, Cook County Sheriff’s Office, Chicago, Illinois
- Valor Award: Division 16, Isolation Compound, Cook County Department of Corrections, Chicago, Illinois
- Innovation Award: Century Regional Detention Facility of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, Los Angeles, California