Start Date: 12/9/2019 8:00 AM PST
End Date: 12/12/2019 5:00 PM PST
Venue Name: Washoe County Sheriff's Office
American Jail Association
AJA Summit on Leadership, Operations, and Action Planning
Instructors: Amanda Lambert and John Johnson
Join us as we examine the best jail practices collected from facilities across the country. From leadership to communication, from classification to risk management, spend time with other jail professionals as we discuss these key issues:
Who Should Attend?
- Challenges in Leadership
- Risk Management
- How to Apply the Principles and Dynamics of Direct Supervision to Any Jail Design
- Classification: The Keys to Successful Inmate Behavior Management
- Generations: Can’t We All Just Get Along?
- Back It Up: Evidence-Based Decision-Making
- Developing Partnerships with External Stakeholders
- How to Combat Staff Complacency
- An Overview: Building, Renovating, Transitioning
- Restrictive and Special Population Housing
- Proactive Solutions for Jail Operations
This seminar is for professionals at every rank and experience level, especially those who are seeking to advance or challenge themselves in the corrections field. Whether you’ve just been promoted, are seeking advancement, or simply ready for the next level, this training can assist you and your facility.
Registration Fees: $545 Members $595 Non-Members
*Register by October 9, 2019 and you will receive an early registration discount of $100*
A minimum number of participants are needed to hold our workshops. You may cancel up to five business days prior to the Professional Development Workshop. No refunds will be given for cancellations received five or less business days before the class. All cancellations are subject to a $50 service fee. Your cancellation must be received in writing via fax or e-mail. Substitutions will be acceptable. “No Shows” will be charged at the applicable rate.
It is strongly recommended that participants DO NOT purchase airline tickets without first contacting AJA to confirm program availability. Workshops begin at 8:00 AM and usually go until 4:00 PM (unless otherwise noted).
Washoe County Sheriff’s Office
911 Parr Blvd.
Reno, NV 89512