Start Date: 4/27/2020 8:00 AM EDT
End Date: 4/29/2020 5:00 PM EDT
Venue Name: Charleston County Sheriff's Office
American Jail Association
Sponsor: Al Cannon Detention Center
Leadership, Operations, and Action Planning
Instructors: Mandy Lambert, CJM & John Johnson, CJM
Mark your calendar to join us as we examine the best jail practices from across the country! From leadership to communication, from classification to risk management, spend time with other jail professionals as we discuss these key issues:
- Challenges in Leadership
- Risk Management
- How to Apply the Principles and Dynamics of Direct Supervision to Any Jail Design
- Classification: The Keys to Successful Inmate Behavior Management
- Generations: Can’t We All Just Get Along?
- Back It Up: Evidence-based Decision-Making
- Developing Partnerships with External Stakeholders
- How to Combat Staff Complacency
- An Overview: Building, Renovating, Transitioning
- Restrictive and Special Population Housing
- Proactive Solutions for Jail Operations
Who Should Attend?
There is something for professionals at every rank and experience level.
Registration Fees: $445 Members $495 Non-Members
*Register before February 27th and you will receive an early registration discount of $100*
A minimum number of participants are needed to hold our seminars. You may cancel up to five business days prior to the Professional Development Seminar. No refunds will be given for cancellations received five or less business days before the class. All cancellations are subject to a $50 service fee. Your cancellation must be received in writing via fax or e-mail. Substitutions will be acceptable. “No Shows” will be charged at the applicable rate.
It is strongly recommended that participants DO NOT purchase airline tickets without first contacting AJA to confirm program availability. Seminars begin at 8:00 AM and usually go until 4:00 PM (unless otherwise noted).
Charleston County Sheriff's Office
3691 Leeds Avenue
North Charleston, SC 29405