Get Approval E-mail Template
Dear (Supervisor/Approver Name):
AJA’s Conference & Jail Expo is among the most important industry conferences. It is the only national event that focuses exclusively on local jails and detention facilities. The conference attracts nearly 1,000 attendees, 150+ exhibitors, and offers 60+ educational workshops relevant to local jails.
By participating at the May 20-24, 2023 conference at the CHI Health Center in Omaha, Nebraska, I can further my professional development while gaining industry knowledge that can be used to advance our agency.
This year’s “Connect & Achieve” theme focuses on innovation. Among the sessions are medical and mental health, leadership, staff wellness, and inmate programs—delivered by speakers who are leaders in the field. The conference schedule lists the workshops and all the activities available on AJA's website.
(Highlight a specific workshop that would be beneficial to your position, professional development, and agency.)
Plus - there are exhibitors in the Jail Expo that could provide products, services, and solutions for challenges facing our agency.
Expenses for attendance would include registration, travel, lodging, and meals outside of the conference.
The total cost is ($XXX) with the estimated cost breakdown:
- Registration: (See the registration page for the costs to add here.)
- Airfare: (Add estimated airfare—you can search on your preferred airline or on kayak.com to find airfare.)
- Transportation to and from hotel: (A taxi from _______ airport is approximately $___ one-way; $___ from _____)
- Hotel: (See the housing options for the cost per room night; don’t forget to add the tax per night and calculate total cost.)
- Additional Meals: (Estimate costs here; meals included in conference registration include lunch on Sunday, If sponsored, lunch on Monday & Tuesday, and dinner on Tuesday.)
I am available to discuss the request to attend and answer any questions you may have. I am confident that attending the AJA Conference & Jail Expo would be benefical for the agency, my job performance, and professional development.