Get Approval E-mail Template
Dear (Supervisor/Approver Name):
AJA’s Conference & Jail Expo is among the most important industry conferences. It is the only national event that focuses exclusively on local jails and detention facilities. The conference attracts nearly 1,000 attendees, 200 exhibitors, and offers 60+ educational workshops relevant to local jails.
By participating at the May 21-25, 2022 conference at the Long Beach Convention & Entertainment Center in Long Beach, California, I can further my professional development while gaining industry knowledge that can be used to advance our agency.
This year’s “Adapt & Excel” theme focuses on innovation. Among the sessions are medical and mental health, leadership, staff wellness, and inmate programs—delivered by speakers who are leaders in the field. The conference schedule is at https://www.americanjail.org/conference_schedule and the list of workshops is at https://www.americanjail.org/conference_workshops.
(Highlight a specific workshop that would be beneficial to your position, professional development, and agency.)
Expenses for attendance would include registration, travel, lodging, and meals outside of the conference.
The total cost is ($XXX) with the estimated cost breakdown:
- Registration: (See www.americanjail.org/conference_registration for the costs to add here.)
- Airfare: (Add estimated airfare—you can search on your preferred airline or on kayak.com to find airfare.)
- Transportation to and from hotel: (A taxi from Long Beach airport is approximately $20 one-way; $50 from LAX)
- Hotel: (See www.americanjail.org/housing for the cost per room night; don’t forget to add the 16% tax per night and calculate total cost.)
- Additional Meals: (Estimate costs here; meals included in conference registration include lunch on Sunday–Tuesday and dinner on Tuesday.)
I am available to discuss the request to attend and answer any questions you may have. I am confident that attending the AJA Conference & Jail Expo would be benefical for the agency, my job performance, and professional development.