In recognition of the stellar leadership in our industry, and in keeping with the commitment of providing leadership to the local correction profession through education, research, and best practices, the AJA Awards Committee identifies and presents annual awards to these exceptional practitioners so they can be publicly acknowledged at AJA’s Annual Conference & Jail Expo.
Award nominations for 2020 are open!
Click here to download the Award Nomination Form. Please complete and return the form before December 6, 2019.
AJA 2018 Awardees:
Cosgrove, Frank Mazza, and Wesley Wagner.
- Francis R. “Dick” Ford Distinguished Service Award: Susan W. McCampbell, CJM, President, Center for Innovative Policies Inc., Naples, Florida
- Ray Coleman Correctional Administrator of the Year: Cornita A. Riley, CJM, Chief of Corrections, Orange County Corrections Department, Orlando, Florida
- Correctional Supervisor of the Year: Belinda Cosgrove, CJM, Captain, Garland County Sheriff's Office, Hot Springs, Arkansas
- Correctional Training Officer of the Year: Wesley Wagner, CCT, CCO, Lieutenant, Licking County Sheriff's Office, Newark, Ohio
- Correctional Officer of the Year: Jonathan Hutcheson, Deputy Sheriff, Johnson County Sheriff's Office, New Century, Kansas
- Civilian Employee of the Year: Frank Mazza, Community Reintegration Program Director, Hudson County Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, Kearny, New Jersey
- Volunteer of the Year: John Spurgeon, Chaplain, Rutherford County Sheriff's Office, Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Click here to read our Awardees’ bio’s from 2018.