In recognition of the stellar leadership in our industry, and in keeping with the commitment of providing leadership to the local correction profession through education, research, and best practices, the AJA Awards Committee identifies and presents annual awards to these exceptional practitioners so they can be publicly acknowledged at AJA’s Annual Conference & Jail Expo.
Award nominations for 2020 are now closed.
AJA 2019 Awardees (click on name to see bio):
Mark K. Archambeau, CJO CCM, CCE, Joseph Celetti, and Richard G. Kiekbusch.
- Francis R. “Dick” Ford Distinguished Service Award: Richard G. Kiekbusch, Associate Professor of Criminology, University of Texas-Permian Basin, Odessa, Texas
- Ray Coleman Correctional Administrator of the Year: Daniel Junior, CJM, Director, Miami-Dade County Corrections and Rehabilitation Department, Miami, Florida
- Correctional Supervisor of the Year: Mark K. Archambeau, CJO, CCM, CCE, Master Sergeant/USMC, Naval Consolidated Brig Chesapeake, Chesapeake, Virginia
- Correctional Training Officer of the Year: Joseph Celetti, Sergeant, Hampden County Sheriff's Department, Ludlow, Massachusetts
- Correctional Officer of the Year: Tyler Viernes, Montgomery County Sheriff's Office, Dayton, Ohio
- Civilian Employee of the Year: Jeaneane Booker, Correctional Rehabilitation Worker II, Cook County Sheriff's Office, Department of Corrections, Chicago, Illinois
- Volunteer of the Year: Christopher Luther, Native Language Volunteer, Pueblo of Laguna Detention Facility, Laguna, New Mexico