In recognition of the stellar leadership in our industry, and in keeping with the commitment of providing leadership to the local correction profession through education, research, and best practices, the AJA Awards Committee identifies and presents annual awards to these exceptional practitioners so they can be publicly acknowledged at AJA’s Annual Conference & Jail Expo.
The Awards Committee of the American Jail Association is tasked each year to identify these exceptional practitioners so they can be recognized publicly at AJA's Annual Conference & Jail Expo.
Award nominations for 2017 are open!
Click here to download the Award Nomination Form. Please complete and return the form to AJA before November 30, 2017.
AJA 2016 Awardees:
- Francis R. “Dick” Ford Distinguished Service Award: Bob Barker, CEO, Bob Barker Company, Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina.
- Correctional Administrator of the Year: Raul S. Banasco, Deputy Chief/Jail Administrator, Bexar County Sheriff’s Office, San Antonio, Texas.
- Correctional Supervisor of the Year: Kenneth J. Pacha, Sergeant, McLean County Sheriff’s Department, Bloomington, Illinois.
- Correctional Training Officer of the Year: Tyler Graham, Corrections Deputy, Thurston County Sheriff’s Office, Olympia, Washington.
- Correctional Officer of the Year: Jay Rodacker, Correctional Officer, San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Office, French Camp, California.
- Civilian Employee of the Year: Kathy Patterson, Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent, South West Detention Centre, Ontario Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services, Maidstone, Ontario.
- Volunteer of the Year: Timothy Rutz, M.D. (Retired), Jail Programs Volunteer, Bexar County Sheriff’s Office, San Antonio, Texas.
Click here to read our Awardees’ bio’s from 2016.