2023 Call for Presentations
AJA’s Call for Presentations for the 42nd Conference & Jail Expo
Questions? Click here to e-mail Connie Lacy.
Tenative - Important Dates
- Call for Presentations closed on September 9, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. PT
- Submitters will be notified by September 23, 2022 if their workshop submission has or has not been selected.
- The workshop schedule will be finalized in February 2023.
- The 2023 AJA Conference & Jail Expo is May 20-24, 2023 in Omaha, Nebraska. Early bird registration opens November 2022.
AJA’s Conference & Jail Expo is the only national event that focuses exclusively on local jails and detention facilities. AJA attendees range from Corrections Officers, Trainers, and Managers to Medical Professionals, Jail Administrators, and Sheriffs. Attendees join for an engaging, educational, ground-breaking Conference with networking opportunities, professional development, and access to emerging jail technologies and products.
We invite you to submit thought-provoking, educational workshops that cover current topics, trends, and innovative programs and strategies that affect or can impact our Nation’s jails. Workshops are intended to provide attendees with training, professional development, and actionable takeaways to continue to improve careers and facilities. We are looking for submissions that address issues that affect the operation of jail facilities, provide tangible ways to adapt to change, and allow for personal and professional development and growth.
Due to the significant number of submissions we receive each year, not every submission can be selected. Strong submissions feature:
- A strong and catchy title
- Brief but informative topic description
- 5 learning objectives
- A topic that will interest a variety of the targeted audience