2019 Call for Presentations
38th Annual Conference & Jail Expo | May 18-22, 2019 | Louisville, Kentucky
The 2019 Call for Presentations is open!
For more information on the kinds of workshops and topics AJA is requesting, please see below.
AJA’s Annual Conference & Jail Expo is the only national event that focuses exclusively on local jails and detention facilities. AJA attendees range from Corrections Officers, Trainers, and Managers to Medical Professionals, Jail Administrators, and Sheriffs. They join for an engaging, educational, ground-breaking Conference with networking opportunities, professional development, and access to emerging jail technologies and products.
We invite you to submit thought-provoking, educational workshops that cover current topics, trends, and innovative programs and strategies that affect or can impact our Nation’s jails. Workshops are intended to provide attendees with training, professional development, and actionable takeaways to continue to improve careers and facilities. We are looking for submissions that address issues that affect the operation of jail facilities, provide tangible ways to adapt to change, and allow for personal and professional development and growth.
Training and Professional Development
Due to the significant number of submissions we receive each year, not every submission can be selected. Strong submissions feature:
- A strong and catchy title
- Brief but informative topic description
- 5 learning objectives
- A topic that will interest a variety of the targeted audience
- Call for Presentations closes on June 25, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. EDT
- Submitters will be notified by August 31, 2018 if their workshop submission has or has not been selected.
- The workshop schedule will be finalized in February 2019.