Connecting Talent with OpportunityWelcome to the AJA Job Board, an easy-to-use, one-stop resource that connects local corrections agencies and industry affiliates with highly qualified professionals.
Looking for qualified candidates? Post a job! Posting a job with AJA is a great way to share your opportunity with thousands of corrections leaders. We will post the position for you, and you’ll receive the submissions directly. 30 day post fee is $150.00. Please contact Wayne Hatcher at email@example.com for more information.
The AJA Job Board is free to all. You don’t need to be an AJA member to apply to job openings. Open Positions will be listed below:
WALLA WALLA COUNTY
Phone: (509) 524-2600 Fax: (509) 524-2603
Phone: (509) 524-2600 Fax: (509) 524-2603
Position: Jail Commander
Salary Range: $64,000 - $94,000 per year, DOE, DOQ
Location: Corrections Department, Adult Division
Employment Type: Full-time (40 hours/week), FLSA Exempt, Benefits Apply
Open until filled
Brief Duties and Responsibilities: The Jail Commander supervises, coordinates and manages the programs, activities and personnel within the Walla Walla County Corrections Adult Division and coordinates activities with other county departments and outside law enforcement agencies. The Jail Commander assumes management responsibility for all services and activities of the Adult Division, in consultation with the Director of Corrections.
Working Conditions: Working environment includes activities or contacts in multiple indoor or outdoor venues. Physical abilities required for this position are ones typically related to corrections activities in challenging environments. Ability to perform tasks such as sitting, standing, bending, squatting, kneeling, grabbing, carrying, holding, walking, running, and ability to move/push/pull or lift heavy objects exceeding fifty (50) lbs. Ability to perform strenuous physical tasks such as controlling inmates and able to work long and protracted hours of the day and night depending on the complexities of unique situations. Subject to being on-call and 24‐hour call‐back for emergencies; great mental ability and exertion is required daily.
Minimum Requirements: Minimum AA degree is required; preferred four (4) year Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in criminal justice, psychology, sociology. Minimum eight (8) year’s law enforcement or corrections experience with at least four (4) years in a corrections supervisory position or similar experience. Preferred Washington State CJTC certified peace officer or corrections officer or ability to attend CJTC equivalency academy and obtain Washington State CJTC certified peace officer or corrections officer status. Must be a citizen of the United States, at least twenty-one (21) years of age and never have been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor which reflects adversely on the position. Maintain a valid driver’s license with a driving record acceptable to the county’s insurance provider. Must have access to a vehicle and proof of liability insurance. Maintain continuing education and certification.
Application: Employment application, resume and cover letter required. Human Resources is located at the County Legislative Building, 314 W. Main Street, Room 216, Walla Walla, Washington, or visit our website at www.co.walla-walla.wa.us to apply online. Mailing address: HR/Risk Manager, PO Box 1506, Walla Walla, WA 99362, call (509)524-2600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
SELECTION IS BASED ON QUALIFICATIONS, TESTING, BACKGROUND CHECK, AND ORAL INTERVIEW.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER / ADA COMPLIANT
Jackson County (MO)
Title: Regional Correctional Center Director
Location: Kansas City, MO
Salary: $80,000 - $110,000/year
- Responsible for the overall administration and operation of the Jackson County Regional Correctional Facility.
- Designs, implements, and monitors the effectiveness and efficiency of the Department of Correction’s operation of a modern, high-rise adult regional correctional facility potentially housing as many as 1200 inmates, through direct supervision of four subdivision managers.
- Oversees the maintenance of all facilities.
- Designs, implements and monitors department policies and procedures which govern inmate-staff relations, programs, health, and security.
- Controls a staff of more than 400 and an annual budget of about $25 million.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Public Administration, or related field, Master’s preferred, and ten (10) years progressively responsible experience in corrections, criminal justice administration or related field, supervisory experience required.
- Must submit to/pass pre-employment drug screen, physical examination and police background check.