The Board of Directors is the governing body of the American Jail Association. It sets the policy of the Association, establishes the annual business plan and budget of the Association, and verifies that your Association is fulfilling its mission.
Nominations for the 2018–2019 Board are OPEN. We need good people from every part of the Nation to continue the tradition of dedication and commitment set by current and previous officers and Board members.
Become involved by submitting a nomination now!
The Nominating Committee of the American Jail Association is currently reviewing the nominations submitted for the following positions:
- Third Vice President
- 3-Year Term Board Members
- Persons seeking nominations must be individual professional members in good standing as specified in the Bylaws at the time of nomination. For the purpose of seeking election to the AJA Board, Agency, Corporate, Affiliate, and Student memberships do not meet the above individual membership requirement.
- Only written nominations and justifications are considered by the Committee, and nominees must be endorsed by a minimum of two members in good standing.
- Individuals nominated for one office can be considered for another office.
- The Committee gives consideration to affirmative action, geography, and agency size so that nominees reflect the diversity of the Association’s membership.
- Nominees, if elected, are required to attend the annual Conference events and functions in Sacramento, as well as the Fall board meeting.
Send nominations to:
Steve Custer, Director of Communications
American Jail Association
1135 Professional Court ? Hagerstown, Maryland 21740–5853
If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call AJA at 301–790–3930.